I’m excited to announce I’ve been selected as one of three finalists for appointment to the open King County Council District 1 seat!
As a State Representative for the 32nd Legislative District, I’ve already won election and served a majority of Council District 1’s residents. I hope to bring my experience and record of getting things done to the King County Council where I’ll continue advocating for working families, public transportation, the environment, and human services.
Will you help me get there? Over the next couple weeks, the King County Councilmembers will decide who to appoint to the open seat. Three things you can do to help:
1. Add your name to my list of endorsers that includes Former King County Executive Ron Sims, State Representative Phyllis Kenney, Federal Way Mayor Skip Priest, Kirkland Mayor Joan McBride, and many more.
2. Please tell the King County Councilmembers why you think I should be appointed.
3. Like my Facebook Page and spread the word among your friends and family.
So, why me? Here are a few reasons:
- I’m the only candidate to have been successfully elected to both local and state office – receiving over 72% in my recent re-election to the state legislature.
- I have a proven record of getting things done. I’m the former President of the Shoreline Chamber of Commerce and have a history of bringing together business, environmental, and community interests.
- I fight for public transportation. As State Representative, I took crafted a solution with legislative colleagues to make sure King County had the tools to fill the Metro bus transit funding gap.
- As an immigrant who worked my way through an MBA at the University of Washington to owning a successful small business and made national history by becoming the first Korean-American woman Mayor, I would bring a unique perspective to the county council.
- I’m the only candidate to represent most of the current voters in King County District One – as the state house member for the 32nd District.
I appreciate your support and wish you the best in 2013!
State Representative Cindy Ryu
P.S. Your endorsement would be greatly appreciated! Please fill out this simple online form.